Terms and Conditions
Last updated 16.06.2022
WHO WE ARE
Who we are. We are the City Mental Health Alliance C.I.C., a Community Interest Company registered in England and Wales (from now on “City Mental Health Alliance”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Our company registration number is 12303584, and our address is 60 Alington Grove, Wallington, England, SM6 9NG, United Kingdom. These terms apply to your use of the website located at www.betterworkplacemh.com (our “website”).
The City Mental Health Alliance is a membership organisation that works with senior leaders in large corporate businesses typically from financial, legal, professional services and technology sector to help transform workplaces into mentally healthy environments. The CMHA is currently established in the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, New Zealand and Australia.
The Global Business Collaboration for Better Workplace Mental Health
The City Mental Health Alliance is operating the website on behalf of The Global Business Collaboration for Better Workplace Mental Health (hereinafter referred to as the “Initiative”).
The Initiative is funded and directed by a group of multinational businesses (hereinafter referred to as the “Founding Partners”). Further information about the Initiative, including the full list of Founding Partners, can be found at betterworkplacemh.com/about.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- What these terms cover. These terms and conditions (from now on, the “terms”):
- set out our rights and obligations and the rights and obligations of those persons that access or use our website (from now on, “you”); and
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you use our website. These terms tell you who we are, how you should use our website, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- These terms are binding. You are required to accept the terms completely and, once accepted, they form a binding contract between you and us. If you do not accept these terms completely, then you must not use or continue to use our website. By accessing any part of the website, you agree to be bound by these terms as they are updated from time-to-time at the time of your use.
- We may change the terms. You should check for any changes to these terms each time you access or use the website as changes will be legally binding upon you when we post them whether or not we provide you with any other notice of such changes. We will indicate the effective date of the currently applicable terms at the beginning of the terms.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- How to contact us. You can contact us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so using the contact details you provided when using our website contact form or in your other communications with us.
YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE
- Your use must be lawful. You confirm and undertake to us that you will not use our website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms.
- In particular you:
- agree to read and abide by all notices posted on our website from time-to-time;
- agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations and that you will not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers; and
- acknowledge that you are responsible for the integrity of any information you may provide to us via this website and warrant that this information (if any) is true, complete and accurate and does not infringe any other person’s rights to the best of your knowledge.
- Obligations on you relating to your use of our website. You agree that you will not:
- use this website to transmit any malware, spyware, viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malicious or harmful code or use any items of a destructive nature, or compile or use any content for the purpose of spamming or to promote or facilitate disruptive commercial messages or advertisements;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of our website or any server, computer or database connected to our website;
- transmit any defamatory, obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages, material which includes personal data about a person, or content which may otherwise be unlawful (including that which includes any other person’s proprietary rights such as trade marks, copyright or confidential information or trade secrets and where you are not authorised by the owner or rights holder to use, post or distribute such content);
- impersonate another person or attempt to mislead us or others as to the identity or origin of any application or other communications;
- use our website in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal activity; or
- post or otherwise make available data that you do not own.
- Our rights to compensation. You agree to compensate us from any claim or damages (including any legal fees in relation to such claim or damages) made by a third party in respect of any matter in relation to or arising from your use of our website including any breach or suspected breach of these terms or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- You acknowledge and agree that all information, comments, and all other content uploaded, posted or transmitted by you, through or to our website (“Information”) is your sole responsibility.
- In respect of the Information, you acknowledge and agree that:
- your Information is true, complete and accurate and non-infringing of any other person’s rights and you will promptly update or correct any Information on becoming aware of any errors or inaccuracies and will provide us with such assistance as we may reasonably require to identify and remedy any unauthorised use of Information;
- you have elected to transmit through, or otherwise upload material to, our website in your sole discretion and you are solely responsible for any claims or allegations contained in any material transmitted or uploaded;
- we may in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to you remove, cause to be removed or decline to display any Information on our website; and
- we will be under no obligation to monitor or censor Information or any other content that appears on our website, but we reserve the right to do so.
- By transmitting or uploading any material on our website you hereby grant to us, free of charge and on a non-exclusive basis, a perpetual, royalty free, transferable licence to use such material in any way, in and on any media, including the right to modify and adapt such information.
- You warrant that any material transmitted through, or uploaded to, our website complies with these terms and you will be liable to us for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of a breach of this warranty.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility for any Information. If you become aware of any Information which contravenes or potentially contravenes these terms, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any party claiming content transmitted by you through, or uploaded by you to, our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The website is protected by law. Our website and its content (including text, graphics, icons, logos, videos, images, photographs, plans, computer-generated images, mock-ups and other data) is protected by intellectual property laws, and other relevant laws.
- We own all intellectual property rights relating to the website. As between us and you, all rights, title and interest in and to our website, its content and all trade marks used on our website (whether registered or unregistered), are owned by us, our affiliates or third parties with whom we do business.
- The website is copyright-protected with all rights reserved. Our website and its content are subject to copyright with all rights reserved. You agree that you will not copy, publish, reproduce, store, distribute, sell, make available, transmit or in any other way re-use in any medium any material or content from our website (whether in the same format as used on our website or a derivative form) without our prior express written permission. Other than as expressly provided in these terms, nothing will be construed as inferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right under any copyright, trade mark, database right, or other intellectual property or proprietary interest of us, our licensors or any third party. Any rights not expressly granted to you by these terms are reserved by us, our licensors or third parties. You agree that you will not take any action inconsistent with our ownership of our website and/or our website content.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- We do not endorse third party websites. Our website contains hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than us. The inclusion of these hyperlinks should not be interpreted as an endorsement of those organisations and their activities.
- You are bound by third party terms and conditions. On accessing one of these hyperlinks, you become subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the operator of the new website that is being visited.
- We are not responsible for third party website content. As the information available via hyperlinks to third-party websites is maintained by other organisations, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies in information on such websites. Any visit by you to such websites is therefore undertaken at your own risk.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- Limitation of our liability. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, whether based on contract, tort or otherwise, even if foreseeable, to the fullest extent permitted by law. This includes but is not limited to liability for any damages caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus or online failure, or any other damages arising out of your use of our website. City Mental Health Alliance will not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from special or consequential damages, resulting from use of our website even if there is negligence by us or our employees.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which cannot be excluded under law.
- We do not guarantee that our website will be error-free. We do not warrant that the information published on our website will be error-free and in using our website you acknowledge all information and code may include inaccuracies, mistranslations or typographical errors.
- We do not guarantee that our website will be virus-free. Whilst we use reasonable efforts to ensure that our website is free from viruses, malware and other harmful items, we cannot guarantee that your use of our website will be virus-free. You should therefore undertake your own safeguards against potential damage to your computer, equipment, device and data by ensuring that you have appropriate virus screening software. We do not accept any liability for any damage that you may incur as a result of a computer virus.
- We do not guarantee that our website will always be available. Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to make our website available to you, we cannot guarantee and do not warrant that your access to our website will be continuous and uninterrupted. We further reserve the right to suspend access to our website at any time and without notice for the purpose of scheduled or emergency maintenance, repairs or upgrades or to improve its performance or functionality. We accept no liability to you in respect of any such interruptions to the availability of website.
- We do not guarantee that we own the rights to all content. No warranties or representations are made by City Mental Health Alliance as to ownership of, or rights to, any content contained in elements of our website containing user-generated content.
- The website is provided “as is”. Subject to any statutory conditions, this website is provided or made available to you on an “as is” basis. We cannot and do not guarantee that our website will meet your requirements. Whilst we use reasonable care and skill to provide you with access to our website, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all representations, warranties and conditions, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded, including without limitation, representations, warranties or undertakings about our website, including without limitation, its completeness or its merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
We may, at our sole discretion, terminate, restrict or suspend your access to our website without notice for any reason.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales. You and we agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.